The building was built between 1919 and 1925 as part of a major urban renewal project. The restoration works concerned only the main facade of the building, whose general state of conservation reflected the one of the stone surfaces exposed to a heavily anthropized urban environment. The intervention focused mainly on the stone surfaces, the plaster surfaces and the bronze statues and elements. In addition, some accessory works have been carried out aimed at ordinary maintenance, to that of the wooden door to the metal railings. The operations have restored a balance aimed at ensuring the preservation of the monument in its parts. For obvious reasons, the causes could not have been removed; however, efforts have been made to mitigate its influences through the use of protective materials of the latest generation.